Thursday, July 31, 2008

Float


I will also keep a running commentary on the progress of my Float, and to date it has been a three year wait for anything to happen. I brought it in June 2005, not long after I brought Tom, and paid $1200 for it. I knew it needed some work but certainly did not expect to wait three years for it to happen!! So far, we have stripped it down, sand-blasted the lower chassis and removed the axels. My Engineer is currently rebuilding the Axels and draw-bar as these were a bit dodgy looking. Engineer is a family friend so is able to do it for next to nothing, although when he looked through the Garage there was a lot of "trading" done. Hubby is a bit of a hoarder, so there were plenty of spare bits for him to claim. Float is a Homebuilt job, but the comments so far is it is very well made.

I have sourced brand new rims, just need the tyres and purchased a new brake kit as well as it was brake-less. Here is a photo of the work in progress.

No comments: