Saturday, December 13, 2008

Well, TomKat is look so stunning this year, but his feet are a mess. Had my Farrier out to him today and front left is just rotten, he shoved the knive up in between the sole and hoof wall and scraped out all the crap. Looked so gross, my heart sank, as his feet looked liked they might be getting better. His advice was to keep him out of the mud and not get them wet so raced home and got my little bit of tape and taped off an area to confine him in. Thoughts are this wont hurt as he and Mandy are very round. So hand filled his container with water and left him for the night.

Myfarrier Bram is just wonderful, came back down to check Tom and made him some rubber pads to ease the pressure on his soles, and will be back down tomorrow to check on him again. I so wish I had my own paddock close by so I could keep an eye on him better.

Am in tears tonight over the future of my beautiful TB called TomKat whom I just adore,

No comments: