Monday, April 26, 2010

With sad news comes some good news


I feel a bit stink, but I answered an ad for a mare needing a home urgently. Of the three criteria I have she meets the temperment one perfectly and is in fact a gentle giant. She is huge and measures 16.2 hh unofficially. Her name is Kandy and she is a well built TB mare and the most laid back OTT I have come across. We went to meet her today and had a small ride and then just hung out with her. My daughter (7) came along and I caught a few moment of them together, Shannan up on the rails giving her a good scratch and Kandy lapping it up. I even had a few nice moments scratching her in a nice spot, her head dropped and the bottom lip started quivering, so cute. She is bigger than I wished for and I'm not sure the Dressage saddle will fit, even the Wintec needs a med/wide gullet in it and the girth well, my 120cm didn't go near her. Here is a phot of me on her and I'm quite pleased that I don't look like a dwarf on her.

No comments: