Friday, September 25, 2009

A little success story at last

Well, I've moved next door and xcouldn't be happier. So relaxed, no do's and don'ts, no one on your face all the time. I just love it. Tom is on his own, so I manage his paddock as I want. I am poo picking up every time I'm down, so his paddock always looks clean.

On Wednesday I plucked up the courage to ride, Tom has been full of spring grass and really fizzy lately. I have been struggling with him over the last four years, especially finding a bit that suits. Well, tried the Peewee on him again but on a different setting. After a few minor adjustments i.e using his bridle noseband to help keep the bit in place, I finally have a horse with brakes. He was so easy to ride and responds so well to the slightest touch I was amazed and very relieved. In my last dressage test, one comment I got was about Tom thanking me for letting his mouth go. I've always been afraid to let him go as he just goes faster but on Wednesady we were doing canters on a loose rein, trotting around with no worries about him getting away on me. Just need to find out if I can compete in one now.

No comments: