Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I Did it!!

I finally plucked up the courage to ride today. Finished work at 2.30 and went home, got everything ready and headed to the paddock. This was our first ride since about April, so I was really quite nervous as Tom in the past after a break has bucked a few times. Today he was great, we even had a canter. We slushed through the paddocks to the track which was quite firm and went a third of way, till it started to get steep and turned around again, as I did not have my breast plate on to stop the saddle slipping. He was very jig joggy on the way back and we had a few moments when the horses next door decided to hoon. I think he thought it was also time to hoon and started to shake in anticipation. Soon settled down, so I decided to slush through the other side of the paddock to end the ride on a good note. Was really pleased with him and realised how silly I've been by putting off riding for so long. Our next ride will be on Thursday as I want to take things slowly, so am planning on riding three to four times a week.

No comments: