Thursday, August 14, 2008

Trying Hard!

Well weather is still horrible but I am making more of an effort to visit Tom and hard feed him. Went for another ride on Tuesday. We ventured down the road this time and althugh he was a bit sppoky and extremely jig joggy all went well. Nerves again when riding as had a fall riding down the road nearly two years ago which left my leg very bruised. Getting more confident again although I can feel he just wants to go for a huge blat.

Bumped into my Farrier the other night and he again mentioned about moving Tom to paddocks without swamps in them. He is confident that if I do, he will be able to reverse the damage to his feet. His front feet are crappy at the moment with big chunks missing. I have been putting Stockholm Tar on them as advised, as it is bacteria that is making them rot. Tom has always had bad feet but this winter just seem worse. Although his back ones are great now and they used to be nearly as bad with the rot.

No comments: