Thursday, August 21, 2008

What a Slacker!

Been very slack this week, only going down today. Naughtly I know but it was such a lovely day I just had to ride. Saddled up Tom and went up into the hills. It was a wonderful ride, we must have gone about 5 km's by the time we'd finished. Tom was still jig joggy so I let him have a few small "blats" along the firebreaks. He was really hard to hold back and just wanted to go. I could feel all the pent up energy bursting to go, but decided that it was just to dangerous to go for it, as you never know whata around the next corner. I have to watch out for both Mountain Bikers and Motor Bikes. Much prefer Motor bikes as I can at least hear them coming! We ended up having a lovely ride and I think with more rides like this and a bit more Magnesium he should eventually settle down. I felt a bit buggered on my way home as riding Tom is always a challenge.

Aiming for the Western Hills Spring Show this year and will do a bit of jumping in ring 2. Would also love to get to the Waikane ODE, not sure when it is. I remember riding this course as a teenager on my small Horse (14.3) Bicardi. Want to give it a go again, just to see if anything has changed. Hopefully Float will be ready in time.

On the subject of the Float, new steel is going to cost $300 which is for new axels and drawbar so will be handing over the cash on Tuesday, so hopefully should see some more progress soon. Better as hubby little domestic trailer seem to be getting a make over but mine just sits there. I really hate having to rely on others to do the work sometimes, but thats just the way it is I guess.

Just need to keep on track and focus on the things I want to achieve this year and we'll get there. Working part-time has helped and I am also feeling more confident when riding Tom.

No comments: