Monday, August 31, 2009

First Show











We did it, our first show since March 2007. Took the float down and picked up Ainsleigh on the way. Stopped at the gate and went to get Tom. He loaded so easily which was great. We then headed off to Waikanae for their Combined Training day. Dressage was not really great, I need to try and give more with my hands, but worry that Tom will get away on me. Judge gave me some positive comments and so did spectators so I was very happy. Jumping was another issue, having not done anything for that last two years, we were both very 'green'. Tom seemed to be unsure of his approach, so after jumping the first two very big (well thats how it felt), the third jump he did the same but on landing I lost my balance and off I came. Luckily Tom slowed down and I did a lovely dismount onto my feet. Felt a bit rattled after that so retired. Saw that the weather was going to pack up so called it a day and went home.

I had a fantastic day and Tom was a perfect gentleman, very well behaved for his first outing in a while. He looked gorgeous. The float was perfect in every way and towed like a dream, actually felt like I had nothing behind me it travelled so well. Even Tom travelled well in it, no sweating like he usually does. Ainsleigh was a wonderful help, kept me busy so I did not stress and was so encouraging, it was really nice to have company for a change. I think the move to her place will be a benefit for both of us as we both like our "Poofy" riding.

It felt so good to have my own wheels. Here are some photos of our big day out.

No comments: