Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A New Journey Begins

Kandy arrived last week and has settled well. She grew quite attached to Tom in the few days they were together and couldn't quite understand where he'd gone. She now has little Rusty as new new best buddy. I asked him to look after her and he has taken the job on with vigour.

Her first Farrier visit was such a big non-event, don't know what I was worried about. She has good strong feet and healthy hoof walls. She was really good for the Farrier, somebody new I'm trying and he handled her really well, growling when necessary but otherwise very gentle with her. She didn't even flinch when he was nailing the shoes on, like Tom used to. There was lots going on around her at the time, Warren was butchering a hogget on the table, trucks being started up and plastic bags flapping everywhere.

My Dad has taken an interest and is keen to help me along with her training. At the moment, we will take things nice and slowly.

No comments: