Sunday, May 16, 2010

WOW

I had a wow ride today,. It was my first decent ride on Kandy so Dad came down to supervise me and give me some confidence. Once I was ready to trot her she went unbelievably well, straight into an outline and maintained it beautfiully. Dad said she is very light on her feet. I am stoked and still buzzing. Yes she had her moments, but that is to be expected given she is young and very green. I have never experienced what I did today and some things started to come back to me from my pony club days, like rising on the correct leg and changing over when on the diagonal. Haven't cantered yet, but I'm quite happy to work on trotting first and once that is nice, relaxed and balanced, then I will give her canter a go.

After the flat work, we decided to go into the jumping paddock to see what would happen. I walked her around the various small jumps and fillers and while she was unsure I could feel the trust come through and she ended up walking by the scary filler. We walked over the trotting poles and then Dad said give it a so. I walked her over a very small jump and she clipped it so next time she picked up her feet, then we did the cross bar as well. Trotted over the small one and straight over the small cross bar. No hesitation what so ever. We did it again and I decided to finish there on a good note, mainly because I was so happy with such a large amount of progress in one day.

What a doll, she has by far exceeded my expectations of a young very green off the track thoroughbred. Can't wait to get her out and about to see what happens.

Our first outing will be a rally at the Te Marua Horse Club and then their Winter Dressage Series held over three months.

No comments: